Payroll Forms - Mohan CPA

Go to content

Main menu:

Payroll Forms


Hiring New Employees

  • Have every new employee fill out a W-4 form and I-9 form.  

  • Report new hires to the Oregon Department of Justice within 20 days: Oregon New Hire Reporting Form  
  • Set pay rates at or above Oregon minimum wage, which is $10.25 per hour beginning July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.

Payroll Reporting Requirements

Federal payroll reports (Form 941) are required quarterly for most employers and annually for some employers. Please contact us to determine what rules apply to you.

All employers are required to provide W-2 forms to their employees by the end of January following the calendar year. W-2's must be filed with the social security administration by the end of February each year (those registered for electronic filing have until the end of March).

Oregon employers are required to file quarterly (Form OQ and Form 132) in most cases and annually for a few employers.  Employers must have Workers Compensation coverage at all times that they have employees.  Employers are responsible for paying unemployment insurance and workers compensation premiums, as well as depositing taxes withheld from employees on the same schedule as Federal payroll deposits are required.

Workers compensation reports can be due monthly, quarterly or less frequently, depending on the insurers reporting requirements.

For more information, please see Publication 15 from the IRS.  You can obtain Oregon payroll information from the Oregon Department of Revenue.

Back to content | Back to main menu